Become an Alpha
Becoming a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity requires an investment of your personal time, talents, and money. We are not looking for candidates who are not interested in serving the communities in which they live. We are not seeking candidates who do not take academic excellence seriously. Most importantly, We are not interested in individuals whose actions will put the organization’s brand and well-being at risk. This ship does not need anchors.
Fall 2018 Due Dates
|Fri, August 10, 2018||Membership Application window opens|
|Fri, September 21, 2018||Completed Membership Application DEADLINE for District Director Review|
|Fri, October 5, 2018||District Director Completes Review of ALL Membership Applications|
|Fri, October 19, 2018||Beginning of IMDP Window|
|Sat, December 15, 2018||End of IMDP Window|
Please Note: The above dates may vary based on district and/or chapter timeline deviations
- VERY IMPORTANT - an actively used email account is essential in this process; please be certain to enter the correct email address.
- DO NOT enter false information into your application; it will be grounds for rejection.
- DO NOT submit information in all CAPS or all lower case letters.
- PLEASE USE an actively monitored and current mailing address on the contact information section.
- PLEASE INFORM your parent or legal guardian if you are under 21 years of age; you will need their written permission to participate.
Need to know our stance on HAZING?
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. joins other fraternities, sororities, parents and academic institutions in the fight against hazing. No one person can eliminate hazing. It takes the commitment of everyone involved in the process of joining an organization to make it happen. We encourage you to join us to make this world a better place through hazing prevention by agreeing to the next few statements. If you need more information about hazing prevention and Alpha's policy against hazing as a requirement for membership in our organization, please click below.
Alpha's Anti-Hazing Policy